"4 POLA OSTROŚCI" ("4 Fields of Focusing")
from series ANALITICAL PHOTOGRAPHY - 1969
Born on 20 February 1939 in Poznań.
He graduated from Mikołaj Kopernik University in Toruń (Department of Fine Arts) and Film, Television and Theatre State Academy in Łódź (Lodz) (Camera Department).
From 1970 to 1981 he was an academy lecturer. He lives in Łódź.
A creator of films, photographic series, video tapes, installations, drawings, objects, conceptual projects and initiator of many events, exhibitions and artistic actions. He is also an editor and theoretical critic of present art.
Co-founder of the avant-garde group "Zero-61" operating in Toruń from 1961 to 1969 and groups "Oko", STKF "Pętla", "Krąg".
Co-organizer of Film Form Workshop and Television. Creative Group Station "Ł" in Łódź, which undertook experimental work in connecting film picture and sound, permanently entering the Polish arena of conceptual and postconceptual art of the 70s.
Since 1971, he has been running a private gallery of present art, the aim of which is exchanging artistic thoughts, provoking creative initiatives- Galeria Wymiany (Exchange Gallery). The gallery collects films, video tapes, documentation, it also produces video films and is a contact office for the international artistic movement INFERMENTAL.
Since 1959 Robakowski has been organising and participating in many exhibitions and art productions of the so ca2ed different media.
DMUCHANA GŁOWA (Puffed Head) - photo-object, interactive -1970
KRZESŁO (Chair) - photo-object, interactive -1970
ROLKI (Rolls) -photo-object, interactive -1970
Chosen issues of his artistic work:
- 1959 - 1960 INTUICYJNA ABSTRAKCJA (Intuitive Abstraction) - accidentally splashed colour spots on photographic paper, dried, developed and fixed;
- 1961 DURSZLAK (Strainer) - photo object as an entrance into a new mental structure;
- 1969-1972 FORMY FOTOGRAFICZNE (Photographic Forms) - identification of time and space
- sound manipulations,
- experimental objects,
- analytical manipulations,
- chemical destruction,
- principal sets;
- 1971-1978 ZAPISY MECHANICZNO-BIOLOGICZNE (Mechanical-Biological Recordings) - film, drawing, video, photography, setting energy free, separating the film camera from the eye... another perspective;
- 1978-1985 REPORTAŻE i KINO WŁASNE (Reports and Private Cinema) (photography, video-films, books) - describing private mentality;
- 1979-1985 INSTALACJE ŚWIETLNE (Light Installations) - illusive space;
- 1982 "WYCIECZKA ZA MIASTO" czyli film "PAŃSTWO WOJNY" (An Excursion out of Town", or the film "The State of War") team production - political episode;
- 1980-1985 KĄTY i WIELOKĄTY (Angles and Polygons) - models of imaginary space;
- 1985-1991 GABINETY KĄTÓW ENERGETYCZNYCH (Cabinets of Energetic Angles) - speculative space;
- 1987 FETYSZE (Fetishes) - respected objects (book);
- 1992-1993 VIDEO/FILM - machines (installations);
- 1993-1994 VITAL VIDEO - intensification of biological energy.
PODUSZKI (Pillows) -photo-object, interactive -1970
INSTALACJA POWIETRZNA (Airs Photoinstallation) - interactive -1972
SAMOCHODZIK (Little Car) - installation -1970
LUSTRZANA KULA (Mirror's Ball) - photo-object, interactive -1972
From series FETYSZE (Fetishes) - photography - 1987
Copyright ©1998 Galeria FF ŁDK, Józef Robakowski